Hi,

I am wondering what the expected filters listed in the ethtool -T ioctl
are supposed to be? Precisely, what if we support FILTER_ALL. This means
(by definition) that we support any filter since we can support it as
upscaled to FILTER_ALL

Should a driver report that it supports any particular filter if it will
upscale to a more generic filter that timestamps more packets?

Or should it only list the actual filters it upscales to and not the
more restrictive filters that will still work in the hwtstamp ioctl but
will end up reporting a more general filter?

There are some drivers I have seen do either way, and I think some
clarification on this would be quite useful.

Regards,
Jake