On Fri, 2015-07-31 at 18:16 +0000, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> Yo All!
>
> I'd like a config file change to the ptp4l config file.
>
> In this case I have a server with two ethernet segments, and I want
> each
> one to be on its own SHM.  I would like to be able to do this:
>
>     [global]
>     uds_address     /var/run/ptp4l
>
>     clock_servo ntpshm
>
>     [eno1]
>     ntpshm_segment 0
>
>     [eno2]
>     ntpshm_segment 1
>
> But that gives me this rror:
>
>     unknown option ntpshm_segment at line 8 in eno1 section
>
> So now I am back to having to use 2 config files which sorta makes
> the
> global config file concept.
>
> Any thing I missed?  Or can this be fixed?

I don't believe this is currently supportable, since we only create one
clock for each instance of ptp4l, and that clock would be the one
generating the ntpshm_segment. The "per-port" configuration is only
useful when running the boundary clock mode, not for configuring
different settings depending on what device is loaded.

Regards,
Jake