Yo Richard!

On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 20:09:38 +0200
Richard Cochran <richardcoch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The configuration file scheme can't do what you want it to do, even
> without the ntpshm_segment option.

Yeah, sadly...

> >     [eno1]
> >     ntpshm_segment 0
> >
> >     [eno2]
> >     ntpshm_segment 1
>
> is the same as entering
>
>     ptp4l -i eno1 -i eno2

Sadly, no.  When you do that ptp4l only uses one SHM, not two.  Now
if ptp4l read the [eno1] and [eno2] sections it would work.

> You can use one file per ptp4l instance.

Yeah, which sort of shows how the config file syntax is not really
impleented as cleverly as it wass designed.

>  Another possibility is
>     ptp4l -f -
> together with a HERE file in your shell script.

Yeah, but then both instances try to grab ports 319 and 320.  I tried
putting one instance on UDPv4 and one UDPv6, but the UDPv6 seems to also
grab the UDPv4 port.

RGDS
GARY
        g...@rellim.com  Tel:+1(541)382-8588