On Tue, Nov 08, 2016 at 10:25:58AM +0100, Richard Cochran wrote:
> So it sounds like people do want long options.  I'll see if I can come
> up with a way to automatically support the config_tab[] entries in
> config.c as command line options.  For example
>
>       PORT_ITEM_INT("announceReceiptTimeout", 3, 2, UINT8_MAX),
>       GLOB_ITEM_INT("assume_two_step", 0, 0, 1),
>       PORT_ITEM_INT("boundary_clock_jbod", 0, 0, 1),
>
> becomes
>
>       --announceReceiptTimeout val
>       --assume_two_step
>       --boundary_clock_jbod

I think this would be nice. If it's implemented, it would probably
make sense to include all options, even the obscure ones, so there is
no confusion when someone tries to use them on command line and the
man page doesn't have to explain which can be used only in the config
file.

--
Miroslav Lichvar