On Fri, Feb 01, 2019 at 10:16:53AM +0000, Vincent Li X wrote:

> Hi Richard,
> I mean the change of that two lines to like:
>       if (cnt < m->header.messageLength || m->header.messageLength <
> pdulen) {
>               pr_debug("wrong length, cnt: %d messageLength: %hu pdulen

The rule in communication is to be strict when sending, but generous
when receiving.  This code generously allows incorrect messageLength.
That field is redundant, because all of the transports already provide
the packet length.  Thus there is no need to check it.

If we were using a stream transport like TCP, then checking
messageLength would of course be essential.

Thanks,
Richard