Hi Richard,

[Y.b. Lu] May I know TAB based on linuxptp plans to adjust physical clock, or
to maintain gPTP time in software.

Regarding to physical clock adjustment, that's confusing. This will changes
neighbor rate ratio frequently, so the cumulative rate ratio and corrected
residence time/path delay
in follow_up and TLV will be not correct for the receiver.

Regarding to maintaining gPTP time in software, I think this was described in
"10.2.12 ClockSlaveSync state machine" of 802.1AS-2011.
I currently copied kernel timecounter for this. Is there any better solution?

10.2.12.2.1 updateSlaveTime(): updates the global variable clockSlaveTime (see
10.2.3.3), based on
information received from the SiteSync and LocalClock entities. It is the
responsibility of the application to
filter slave times appropriately (see B.3 and B.4 for examples). As one
example, clockSlaveTime can be
incremented by localClockTickInterval (see 10.2.3.18) divided by rateRatio
member of the received
PortSyncSync structure. If no time-aware system is grandmaster-capable, i.e.,
gmPresent is FALSE, then
clockSlaveTime is set to the time provided by the LocalClock. This function is
invoked when
rcvdLocalClockTick is TRUE.

Thanks a lot.
Yangbo Lu