> On 12 Mar 2023, at 14:18, Erez <erezge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sounds cool, but requires multiple clocks on the network interface.
> Hardware or logic using a single hardware clock.
> I do know that some do work on this.
> Both in kernel and on application level.

If we talk about ptp4l I think that two processes that synchronise their access
to the timestamping capabilities can run simultaneously on the same “physical”
network interface. And this patch designed change only ptp4l process behaviour.
It it affects other tools I need to fix it.

> Usually VLAN in Linux are deployed by adding a network interface for the VLAN.
> How is this patch feat to the Linux deployment of VLANs.
> Nor do I see how this patch integrates with using multiple clocks.
>
> Please enlighten us.
>
> Erez

Actually I do not understand this question. Can you rephrase it?

Regards,
Zaripov Kamil.