Hello,

We have a need for a PTP instance to only be a master but still respond
normally to the BMCA.

This is used when we have two or more dedicated masters which use the BMCA
to choose the GM. So the expected states once running are Master and
Passive. We can get this if we set the  *clockClass * at 58 or below. This
inhibits the slave states. However we need this to work with a
*clockClass * of 248.

Is there a way to inhibit the slave state? We cannot use masterOnly=1 as
that mode forces it to go to Leader and ignores the announce messages and
does not follow the BMCA. We have tried *asCapable*=true and
*inhibit_delay_req*=1 but in that mode, device states are Master or
Uncalibrated.

It appears the logic we want is possible since it works when the *clockClass
*is 58 or less. Is there an explicit configuration parameter to achieve
this directly?

Thank you.

Regards,

Guru