On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 06:37:42PM -0300, Elder Costa wrote:
> I ran a test with the system below. GM and AM running SW timestamp.
> The System clocks of the SOM and the AM synchronize with the GM's but
> there is an offset of 37s (GM's 37s ahead the other two). I tried
> using --utc_offset on the ptp4l instance running in the GM with no
> success: no matter the value, the offset stays in 37s. What am I doing
> wrong?

On the GM, when you run ptp4l with SW time stamping, then it will
serve UTC and so ptpTimescale will be 0 (false).

IOW, your setup cannot use TAI at all.

You need to configure phc2sys on host "SOM" with an UTC/TAI offset of
zero using this option:

 -O [offset]    sink-source time offset in seconds (0)

So something like:

   phc2sys -m -q -O0 -S 0.001 -s eth_head
   phc2sys -m -q -O0 -S 0.001 -c eth_am -s CLOCK_REALTIME

HTH,
Richard