To: linux_man...@yahoogroups.com; linuxvadapav@yahoogroups.com;
linuxdaem...@yahoogroups.com
From: harish....@wnsgs.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:11:08 +0530
Subject: RE: [Linux_Mantra] Spam received from own email ID and Domain

            Check the headers, that will show whether the email has been
generated locally (e.g. some virus on a desktop). Ideally local emails do not
get scanned for viruses.

The headers will give you a clear idea as to where has the mail originated from
i.e. internal or external.

Regards

Harish

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Harish,

Thank you for guiding me. I have checked the email header. I have received
these mail from different external IP addresses.

How can I proceed?

Following is configuration of my /etc/spamassassin/local.cf file

report_safe             0

use_bayes               1

bayes_auto_learn        0

skip_rbl_checks         0
use_razor2              1
use_dcc                 1
use_pyzor               1

ok_languages            en

ok_locales              en

whitelist_from  *.google.com, @googlegroups.com

header __RCVD_IN_SBL_XBL        eval:check_rbl('sblxbl',
'sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org.')
describe __RCVD_IN_SBL_XBL      Received via a relay in Spamhaus SBL+XBL
tflags __RCVD_IN_SBL_XBL        net

header RCVD_IN_SBL              eval:check_rbl_sub('sblxbl', '127.0.0.2')
describe RCVD_IN_SBL            Received via a relay in Spamhaus SBL
tflags RCVD_IN_SBL              net

header RCVD_IN_XBL              eval:check_rbl('sblxbl-notfirsthop',
'sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org.', '127.0.0.[456]')
describe RCVD_IN_XBL            Received via a relay in Spamhaus XBL
tflags RCVD_IN_XBL              net
URIBL_SBL

Regards
Nilesh