On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 6:33 AM, Chris Bagwell <ch...@cnpbagwell.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 6:29 AM, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutte...@who-t.net>
> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 01:02:18AM -0800, Bryan Hundven wrote:
>>
>>> EVENT type 17
>>>     device: 2
>>>     detail: 0
>>>     valuators:
>>>           0: 3078.00 (3078.00)
>>>           1: 1548.00 (1548.00)
>>>           2: 0.00 (0.00)
>>>           3: 0.00 (0.00)
>>>           4: 0.00 (0.00)
>>>           5: 0.00 (0.00)
>>
>> these suggest that there's no accel applied to the tablet, so it's somewhere
>> in the driver code. not sure what yet, I need to dig into this. I thought
>> just purging the in-driver accel code was enough but maybe that's not the
>> case. thanks for providing all the info.
>>

> There is a step that may help.  Turn on debug output and this will
> dump some useful info to your Xorg.log file.  After reproducing your
> problems, you can upload the logs to the bug report.  Try to include
> some timestamp information so we can tell where each test was.
>
> Replace "11" with any of the wacom ID's.
>
> xinput set-prop 11 "Wacom Debug Levels" 10 10
>
> Look for output when wcmEvent() is called and see if you see if a wild
> swing in X/Y values occurs around time you see un-expected behavior.

Will do! Thanks.

> You've also mentioned about eraser getting treated like pen, etc.
> This debug will help show some information related to that.
>
> I see some cleanup logic that I don't understand that fixes when it
> thinks its an eraser but really is a stylus... but I do not see the
> opposite cleanup to fix stylus that are really erasers (see
> isdv4Parse(), around line 513).  Perhaps having the device, you
> understand the comment in code better about "sideswitch".

line 523 (on devel branch). On the stylus I have, there is a red tip,
a button on the side and the eraser.
I'm guessing that the sideswitch is this button on the side.
On Windows, when you hold down the button and touch the screen with
the tip it presses the 2nd input (mouse) button. Granted that is all
configurable from userspace.

I'm not sure about:
 514                 cur_type = (ds->buttons & 4) ? ERASER_ID : STYLUS_ID;
Mostly the (ds->buttons & 4). In this case, would this be the side button?

> Chris

I will get some better debug output tonight.

--
Bryan Hundven
bryanhund...@gmail.com