Looking back at the release history of xf86-input-wacom 0.10.x, we have the
following release windows (rough approximations):
0.10.1 - baseline
0.10.2  ~2 weeks
0.10.3  ~3 weeks
0.10.4  ~4 weeks
0.10.5  ~8 weeks
0.10.6  ~6 weeks
0.10.7  ~3 weeks
0.10.8  ~5 weeks
0.10.10 ~19 weeks  (ignoring 0.10.9, brown paper bag release)
0.10.11 ~13 weeks

so in short, it's all over the place. afaict, the biggest uptakes were
0.10.5 and 0.10.8 though that's likely because they long window after
coincided with distribution releases. However, 19 or 13 weeks are clearly to
long.

What I'd like to commit to is regular releases. While the misc cleanup is
still going strong, we can't and shouldn't just line up with X server
releases. So what I propose is an approcimately monthly release with a
driver release ever first week of the month.

This requires some more discipline, so I'll simply stop merging intrusive
patches on the 1st of each month and focus on dealbreakers only for a couple
of days. anything else will simply go on -next, which will then be merged
whenever the previous release is out.

Does that make sense? Is that too often?

The main issue will be if the server's input ABI changes too much during a
single server release but since I control that part, I can try to make it
less of an issue :)

Cheers,
  Peter