Hi

I join the discussion, because I have to deal with "Array of Atom"
constructs also for my OLED Images.

2011/3/30 Peter Hutterer <peter.hutte...@who-t.net>:
> applied, but from a cursory glance I'm not sure why. In fact, I would have
> guessed the other way round. anyway, I've added a comment to avoid this in
> the future (at least until we find the reason why and fixed it).

How about that:

When  XChangeDeviceProperty(dpy, dev, btnact_prop, ...) is called for
the first time with a "fresh Action", IMHO the following chall chain
is to be observed for the new Atom in the array of Atoms:

wcmXCommand.c: wcmSetProperty => wcmSetPropertyButtonActions =>
wcmCheckActionProp => XIGetDeviceProperty("fresh Action") => BadValue

which means that the wcmUpdateActionPropHandlers is not called. Since
"priv->btn_actions" is then not up-to-date, setting the actual action
value will not be noticed. This is just based on speculation, not gdb
usage.

Cheers,
Eduard