Trawling through my xorg bugs yesterday I found a few that were filed
against the Input/wacom component at bugs.freedesktop.org. This was created
ages ago, when Ping and I were talking about moving the driver over to
freedesktop.org in general. We decided to stay with sf.net in the end to
avoid too big a break for our users (this discussion happened ~2 years ago
or so)

However, given sf's issue tracker moving to the freedesktop.org bugzilla
seems quite tempting. I personally find the issue tracker horrible.
There are a few advantages in using bugs.freedesktop.org:
- bugzilla is somewhat of a standard when it comes to bugreporting
- cross-referencing/reassigning bugs is easier between other components such
  as the X server
- tighter integration with xorg in general. X.org hackers tend to look at
  the bugzilla, they don't look at our sf page.
- better references: http://bugs.freedesktop.org/12345 vs

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3456195&group_id=69596&atid=525124

Disadvantages:
- this should only be done for the xf86-input-wacom component (and xsetwacom
  bugs), kernel bugs should not go there (or at least would require a
  different component).
- users would need to create a user account separate from sf.net
- technically off-site (I doubt that matters)

And other things I missed. What's the general feeling on it?
If we're not switching, I'll probably poke the fdo admins to remove the
bugzilla component so we don't get bugreports that no-one looks at.

Cheers,
  Peter