I was just made aware of an interesting naming issue for libwacom /
gnome-control-center that I wanted people's opinion on.

Looking at the Intuos5 configuration page, g-c-c claims that I can
configure its "Intuos4 Grip Pen". On seeing this, some users (e.g.
those who've never used an Intuos4) may be confused by the
contradictory information in front of them. We could remove the tablet
name from the pen and leave just "Grip Pen", but then you may confuse
other users (e.g. those who've upgraded from Intuos3 to Intuos5) into
thinking that their old pens are compatible with their new tablet. We
could dynamically generate the name on the fly so that they see
"Intuos5 Grip Pen", but that may confuse other users (e.g. those
who've upgraded from Intuos4 to Intuos5) into thinking that old pens
are *not* compatible.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Jason

---