On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 05:13:41PM -0800, Jason Gerecke wrote:
> It would be nice to be more intelligent (see other patch :D) but
> agreed that this situation shouldn't be considered a bug.

After looking at this code some more: the check we perform here does
not make much sense and should go entirely:

in rebasePressure() we do:
        if (!priv->oldProximity)
                priv->minPressure = ds->pressure;
        else
                priv->minPressure = min(priv->minPressure, ds->pressure);

immediately thereafter (in normalizePressure()) we essentially do:

        if (ds->pressure < priv->minPressure)
                LogMessageVerbSigSafe(X_INFO, 0,
                                      "%s: Pressure %d lower than expected
minimum %d.\n",
                                      priv->pInfo->name, ds->pressure,
priv->minPressure);

Unless we don't trust the implementation of min() we should
not expect this condition to ever trigger.

I assume the test was a leftover from a time where minPressure was only
taken on proximity in.

Cheers,
        Egbert.