The Lisa Office System's Desktop Manager ("finder") copying methodology was
to always _MOVE_ a document whenever you copied it. To make a copy
(duplicate) you used the Duplicate command (it may have been called Make
Duplicate but that sounds too wordy to me).

This made "copying" very consistent in the Lisa user interface, but was a
bit confusing to users. They could end up "copying" a document from a floppy
to the hard disk and then ejecting the floppy without realizing the document
was no longer on the floppy.

Thanks everyone for their help, this reminded me that I needed to duplicate the application first on the floppy, then move the duplicate to the hard drive.

--

---
Chris Smolinski