Hi Ray,

> So my questions are:
>
> 1. Is there a known symptom/fix for the power button lighting up for
> half a second this way?  Is it an I/O board, motherboard, or CPU board
> issue?  Anyone else had a CPU board that got slightly warped and wouldn't
> fit?  Any way to relax them enough to fit without damaging them?

Have you checked the PSU?

Have you cleaned all golden contacts on the PCB's?

> 2. Is there a way to use a Lisa 2/10 I/O board and rewrire it directly
> to the floppy drive without going through the motherboard, or rewrire the
> existing connector from to the floppy.  (I believe the end that goes into
> the LisaLite card has more pins than the cable that goes from the LisaLite
> to the floppy, so perhaps Apple just left some unused pins, and hopefully
> all the ones that go to the floppy are there.)

I have successfully used a Lisa XL I/O board in my Lisa 2/5.
Please note that you must use the LisaLite adapter even with the XL I/O
board in a Lisa 2/5.
Please use the 2/10 Floppy controller ROM in the XL I/O board.

> 3. Would placing such a board inside a Lisa 2 with a LisaLite floppy card
> damage either the I/O board itself, the motherboard, or the LisaLite card?

There won't be any damage...as I described above.

> 4. What's involved in repairing an I/O board with a battery leak?  I can
> certainly rewire/resolder the missing traces - at least the ones that are
> still
> visible. (I know one of the two dead I/O boards that I tested has a broken
> VIA chip since the plastic on the chip shows it melted. :-) so I can
> possibly use parts from this one to repair the other.) Any tips, tricks, or
> things to watch out for?

That can take a long time- and it depends how much corrosion has destroyed
your IO board.  I have built one working original 2/5 IO board from 2 non
operational boards.
A PCB electrical circuit plan would be fine to find the problems...

Greetings,

Helmut