Ok, so swapping the 1.2A with the 1.8A - the worms went away with the 1.2A supply, which means the 1.8A supply still has components (capacitors) that need replacing, which hopefully will arrive soon.

So any thoughts on what's a safe battery leak corrosion cleanup?

I found these pages, is it really safe to use white vinegar/distilled water? The last link in the list is a failed attempt, so I obviously want to avoid causing damage...

http://www.rskey.org/calccorr.htm
http://www.flippers.com/battery.html and http://www.flippers.com/images/GamePlan-Corrosion1.jpg
http://oldcomputers.net/corrosion.html

Has anyone done this type of cleanup? was it successful?

Ray Arachelian wrote:

So either replacing the clear amber VAC capacitors in the power supply will fix the worms problem, or there's an issue with the analog video board. Anyone know how to address this?

I'll try to swap the 1.8A supply out tonight or tomorrow with a 1.2A supply and see if the worms go away, if they do, then I certainly need to replace the remaining caps in the 1.8A supply. But if they don't - then either the video board needs a bit of work, or both power supplies need their remaining caps replaced.