Hi Terry

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 3:04 AM, Terry Manderson
<terry.mander...@icann.org> wrote:

> They are:
>
> * Finish the deployment document
> * Get the two security documents done
> * Get an operational document at least started, which should include
> cache management and ETR synchronization techniques.
> * Either in the second security document, or in complementary documents we
> need to evaluate the security threat to cache maintenance, and
> evaluate the applicability and coverage we get from a reuse of SIDR
> technology.
>
> Is anything not represented here that you believe necessary? and conversely
> is there something here that is out of scope in your eyes?
>
> Are there work areas not covered by the draft below which you believe should
> be?

Are there any interest to look further into to future and discuss what
is needed to have a long term solution of LISP, as discussed in RFC
1955?

   This scheme could be extended to not require globally unique IP
   address.  Effectively the combination of AD-Address and IP-Address is
   the globally unique address.  To use this scheme without globally
   unique IP-Addresses and without changing in the hosts would require a
   NAT mechanism in the border routers.  I think it would be preferable
   to change the hosts to have them do the DNS query and add the AD-
   header.  This could be the basis for the long term solution.

   Another interesting aspect of this scheme is that if we were to relax
   the current architecture where one IP-Address is always in only one
   AD, to allow an IP-Address to be in more than one AD, it would
   provide a solution to the issue of allowing a IP entity to get
   service from more than one service provider.

Patrick