It is unusual for an RFC to refer to itself as authoritative. It is also not particularly helpful to use those words. In particular, values from the range 9 - 14 may be assigned by other standards action without updating 6833bis. (side-note, there is an long ongoing discussion on the IETF and rfc-interest list as to when documents should be marked as updating other documents. I am refering here to actual updates, rather than to any question of marking the metadata.)

Yours,
Joel