Thanks Joel,

That would be ideal, could you please shed some light on what you see as
“suitable indications” in a map-reply?

The two things that are compelling about the NMR are:

1. Dynamic calculation of covering prefix for the non-EID requested
2. short TTL of the mapping so that we continue requesting more specifics (the
ITR implementations usually know to assign a short TTL when the map-reply is an
NMR [loc-count == 0])

If I can continue to achieve those without manually configuring the PETR RLOCs
at the ITRs, we have what we need. But I didn’t see a way to do this in the
framework of the current spec.

-v