On my part, I would also add that although EPIC does its best never to
allow any RFC breakage (in other words: users who really want to send a
PRIVMSG in an ON MSG cannot do so without a certain amount of hassle),
there is no set standard pertaining to notify checking. On all non-RFC
issues, EPIC has always been the client that allowed the users maximum
flexibility an "no limitations".

Therefore I think that the users who SET NOTIFY_INTERVAL 1 can only
blame themselves, as the help files would surely contain a strong
discouragement towards such settings. That has always been the way to do
things, and I myself see no reason why EPIC should impose limits this
time.

--
Roses are red, violets are blue, some poems rhyme, but this one doesn't.
 |\  /|      \~~~/     \~~~/   WWW: http://none :(