Greg Skinner wrote:

> Out of curiosity, what types of concerns are raised by people who don't
> use the lists (or newsgroups, etc), and is there a way to make these
> concerns a part of the public record?
>
> --gregbo

Good question.  I don't know since they don't speak to me.  An example might
be the desire for foreign-character DN strings.  That's a protocol issue,
right?  It also concerns trademarks and domain names.

Even if we could identify all these interests now, they might not be the same
a year from now.  I liked someone's suggestion of a kind of consumer
information message that could be issued with new e-mail accounts and domain
registrations. It would inform the registrant about ICANN and how/where to
input on issues.  You have any suggestions?

Diane Cabell
MAC