Posted by me early this morning to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Meanwhile I tried to call John Englund at about 9:45 AM EST this morning.
There was no answer.....not even voice mail for me to leave a message.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Englund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
[...]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Sheila
O'Neill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; 'Amadeu Abril i Abril' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
'Telage, Don' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; 'Clough, Chris - Network Solutions'
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; 'Berejka, Marc - Microsoft Corp'
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; 'Burrington, Bill - AOL' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
'Maher, David' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; 'Davis, Susan -- SDI' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Monday, January 04, 1999 9:01 AM
Subject: Final DNSO meeting letter

> [...]
>January 22nd in Washington, D.C. to discuss the formation of the DNSO.
>The list of current sponsors of the meeting are listed below.
>
>The goal is to arrive at a broad-based consensus on the draft bylaws for
>the DNSO, a process which is already actively underway in various fora,
>including recent meetings held in Barcelona and Monterrey.  A great deal

>of work in developing these bylaws has already taken place, and various
>proposals will be put on the table for discussion at the meeting.
>People representing organizations with a direct stake in the DNSO will
>be actively participating in the meeting, a summary of the meeting will
>be made public, and some observers will be invited to attend.  Our goal
>is to forge a broader consensus on how to organize the DNSO so that a
>large group of stakeholders can support an application to the ICANN
>Board to be recognized as the new DNSO.
>
>We need to move expeditiously.  The ICANN Board expects to be evaluating
>applications for the new DNSO by March.  Our January meeting will build
>upon proposals already developed, including the proposal developed from
>the meetings held in Monterrey and Barcelona, and a proposal developed
>by the International Trademark Association ("INTA").
>
>Although there are a wide range of topics relating to the DNSO, our hope
>is that we can limit the discussion to those matters which have
>generated the most controversy in recent months.  The meeting will
>therefore attempt to answer the following:
>
>What form of membership structure is appropriate?
>What should be the composition of the Names Council and how should Names
>Council members be elected?
>What are the powers of the DNSO?
>How should the DNSO and ICANN operations be funded?
>How should the DNSO by-laws be joined to the ICANN recognition proposal?
>
>We anticipate that a non-partisan facilitator will be brought in to help
>the group reach as much consensus as possible.
>
>Following the meeting, draft consensus by-laws will be developed based
>on input provided at the meeting.  Any dissenting views will also be
>included.  These draft bylaws will then be circulated extensively to the
>broad Internet community for review.
>
>We look forward to your participation and involvement in this important
>and challenging effort.
>
>List of Sponsoring Organizations:
>
>Commercial Internet Exchange (CIX)
>Council of European National Top level domain Registries (CENTR)
>European ISP Association (EUROISPA)
>International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
>International Trademark Association (INTA)
>Internet Council of Registrars (CORE)
>Network Solutions, Inc. (NSI)
>Policy Oversight Committee (POC)
>World Information Technology and Services Alliance (WITSA)
>

>Note:  The organizations convening the meeting listed above may also
>represent other organizations and interests.  Attached is further
>background on the various groups represented by the convening
The COOK Report on Internet            What Happened to the White Paper?
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA  ICANN a Sham. (updated 10/25/98) See
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)           http://www.cookreport.com/whorules.html
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                    Index to 6 years of COOK Report, how to
subscribe, exec summaries, special reports, gloss at http://www.cookreport.com