hello stef:

i would please request that you take a second look at my message (which was
sent out to all the lists i could think of)
which i have put directly below in quotes:

"Gordon & All:

LET ME BE ABSOLUTELY CLEAR ABOUT THIS !!!

THIS ANANYMOUS ALLEGATION IS A BLATANT LIE !

i also believe it is incredibly irresponsible and unprofessional for you
Gordon to publish unfounded anonymous garbage like this to the lists."

as you can CLEARLY see stef, i never called gordon a liar at all. i did
exactly what he asked me to do and that was to respond to his request and
label "this ananymous allegation a lie".

not gordon... the "allegation"...

i did criticize him for posting it without verification or even an attempt
at direct verification... for the follow reason:

gordon holds himself out to be a professional journalist. no journalist
would ever circulate this kind of rumor without attempting to
verify,verify,verify.  (unless you want to classify gordon with hedda hopper
& louella parsons).

he made no attempt to contact me to ask for verification either. he has my
e-mail address, knows who and my position in CORE and has communicated with
me before so he can't plead ignorance.

one last point...
let me ask you stef... how can i be any more UNEQUIVOCAL in my response. he
sent the e-mail out at 2:30 am and i responded at approx 8:am to every
maillist in sight within 10 minutes of reading it.

hoping that the future finds us with the opportunity to resolve what Mr.
Kidder refers to as a "bipolar dilema" and find the middle way between each
other's  respective "rights".

ken