At 10:03 PM 2/21/99 +0000, jeff Williams wrote:
>Roeland, Stef and all,
>
>Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

>> >Roeland Meyer replied:

>> >Roeland, please take the time.....*LOOK* it up.  I could be mistaken but I
>> >really don't think that I am.
>> >
>> >This is a "no cost" contract meaning that the US GOV'T does NOT pay.  ICANN
>> >DOES.  IS MORGAN HILL ready to provide these services to the Internet and
>> >the US government at no cost to the gov't?  IE pay for them yourself?  If
>> >so great...onward.
>>
>> Yep, I looked (I said I would). Yes, you are correct wrt "no cost", that
>> was different from the original. This is also no longer the TNT project.
>> However, why do you think the ICANN is starting to talk about fees and
>> taxes? They need a revenue stream to pay for this. MHSC is looking at the
>> same thing. The differences are that the ICANN is as transparent as
>> Mississippi mud. MHSC wants to carry the ORSC guidon. Why do you think we
>> are talking to VC?
>
>  Whom might VC be Roeland?

Venture Cap, Jeff. As I said last week MHSC is running an executive
war-room right now. The ICANN situation is under discussion.

>  From several private exchanges with Stef, as you are likely aware of,
>ORSC according to Stef, is not in a position to DO anything. I believe that
>you had spoken to me about this on the phone at some point about
>three weeks or so ago about.  So, again it seems that Stef (ORSC?)
>is still sitting on the fence as you had mentioned to me on the phone about
>Roeland.  IN the interest of transparency, I am stating this bluntly, no
>negative assertion is intended towards ORSC here.

Transparency is a fine thing, but I shall be more careful about what I say
to you in the future. FWIW, the revelation is harmless, but it was made in
private. Even Gordon has better discretion.
Roeland M.J. Meyer -
e-mail:                                      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet phone:                                hawk.lvrmr.mhsc.com
Personal web pages:             http://staff.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site:                           http://www.mhsc.com
                       KISS ... gotta love it!