At 10:46 AM 2/24/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Does Pizza Hut own these ?
>
>http://Jump.to/Pizza-Hut

unassigned.

>http://This.is/Pizza-Hut

unassigned.

btw, this would be a different analysis from the urls discussed in the
gopeds and ballysucks cases.

>What about the PizzaHut world in http://www.activeworlds.com ?
>...should Pizza Hut have the rights to that ?

It's not a question of "should have the rights" but could a third party
create and/or promote a PizzaHut without causing confusion or dilution.
Depends on the circumstances.

>What about... http://www.pizza.hut ?

When was the hut tld activated?  Did Lucasfilms register Jabba.the.hut?

>or
>http://www.hut.pizza ?

sure for say can't.

>and finally... http://www.hot.pizza

Now this would be a valuable name in the .pizza tld, more valuable than
no.anchovies.pizza or why.do.californians.put.pineapples.on.pizza.

All this in response to: