Ken and all,

Ken Stubbs wrote:

> hello stef:
>
> i would please request that you take a second look at my message (which was
> sent out to all the lists i could think of)
> which i have put directly below in quotes:
>
> "Gordon & All:
>
> LET ME BE ABSOLUTELY CLEAR ABOUT THIS !!!
>
> THIS ANANYMOUS ALLEGATION IS A BLATANT LIE !
>
> i also believe it is incredibly irresponsible and unprofessional for you
> Gordon to publish unfounded anonymous garbage like this to the lists."
>
> as you can CLEARLY see stef, i never called gordon a liar at all. i did
> exactly what he asked me to do and that was to respond to his request and
> label "this ananymous allegation a lie".

  No Ken you did not directly call Gordon a liar, but the next thing to it.
You refereed to his post as "Garbage", which is a derogatory term that
indirectly implies that Gordon is lying.  Pot, kettle black....  Or a Rose
by any other name smells the same....

> - snip -
>
> i did criticize him for posting it without verification or even an attempt
> at direct verification... for the follow reason:

  How do you know it was not verified?

> gordon holds himself out to be a professional journalist. no journalist
> would ever circulate this kind of rumor without attempting to
> verify,verify,verify.  (unless you want to classify gordon with hedda hopper
> & louella parsons).

  Yet another slur...  :(

> he made no attempt to contact me to ask for verification either. he has my
> e-mail address, knows who and my position in CORE and has communicated with
> me before so he can't plead ignorance.

  This (Rumor?), as you refer to it, has already been at least third soruced.
And from our internal contacts it is now forth sourced.  So it is likely to
at least be mostly accurate!!!