On 19-Mar-99 jeff Williams wrote:
>  William and all,
>
>  William X. Walsh wrote:
>
> > On 20-Mar-99 Gordon Cook wrote:
> > >  NTIA has not a shred of legally defensible authority to be doing what it
> > >  is
> > >  doing.  I have triple sourced this.  But to challenge NTIA now you need
> > >  legally agrieved party.  With the PGMedia case now history we don't
> > >  presently have a legally aggrieved party.  Damned shame.  because NTIA
> > >  will
> > >  soon give ICANN the root and with the DNSO people calling all over
> > >  themselves to get ICANN to comply to their way of thinking they are
> > >  de-facto accepting ICANN legal authority and ensnaring themselves in
> > >  ICANN's clutches.
> > >
> > >  we need an IODesign lawsuit.  It cannot possibly happen too fast.
> > >

> > I couldn't agree more with you here Gordan.  Someone needs to challenge the
> > legality of this process, and I think ICANN and the process will be the
> > better
> > for it.  It may end up being a good vehicle for forcing concessions from
> > the
> > USG/ICANN to make this process more open and representative.
>
>    It is true that Chris Ambler  and Jay Fenello for that matter have good
>  potential cases.  In IOD's situation they already have two strikes against
>  them.  ON being the already known one in respect to the gTLD-MoU
>  court action, the other being that Chris is going to have a personal
>  creditability problem under cross, and likely in discovery as well
>  as other potential areas with other potential witnesses as well...

I don't see any such problems, Jeff.  That case has been misquoted on this
forum by those of gTLD-MoU leaning (mainly k*nt and dave).  I've read it, and I
see very little applicability and very little to support the claims of the
gTLD-MoU crowds' argument of what they though it meant.

>    Now a joint class action suit would be a somewhat different matter...
>

> > I think IODesign is a much more credible plaintiff than PGMedia, having
> > committed to restraining themselves to a single gTLD.
>
>    As has already been pointed out, the number of gTLD's is not really
>  relevant to the point of the creditability of the plaintiff....

No, you said that. That doesn't make it true Jeff.  And I really do think that
it does.  And I think others more learned in this area of law than me or you
(despite your proven false claim of a law degree from SMU) will agree.

> Other ad hominan attacking language deleated....

Nothing ad hominan about it Jeff.....Just doesn't fit with your position vis a
vis PGMedia, which is a very curious think to explore.......

> > ----------------------------------
> > E-Mail: William X. Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Date: 19-Mar-99
> > Time: 19:07:15
> > ----------------------------------
> > "We may well be on our way to a society overrun by hordes
> > of lawyers, hungry as locusts."
> > - Chief Justice Warren Burger, US Supreme Court, 1977
>
>  Regards,
>
>  --
>  Jeffrey A. Williams
>  CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
>  Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
>  E-Mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  Contact Number:  972-447-1894
>  Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208

E-Mail: William X. Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 19-Mar-99
Time: 20:04:40