Jim and all,

  Like the "Star Trek" episode with the "Dyson Sphere" Esther Dysons
statements and promises are circular rather than linear.  They end where
the started, at the beginning.  Hence have little or no meaning and are not
to be trusted and valid or substantial.  This is indeed a shame, but
as has history has shown us, none the less factual based on her
and other ICANN "Initial" and Interim Board's statements and promises.
They are hollow.

Jim Dixon wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Jan 1999, Patrick Greenwell wrote:
>
> > > I was in Boston. Jim claims that 'We' were promised that 'the most
> > > outspoken opponents of ICANN would be invited on to a committee.
> > > I have no recall of this 'promise'. I find it hard to believe that it would
> > > have been made, largely because it makes no sense. Why would ICANN wish to
> > > invite a self-defining group of 'outspoken opponents' to form a majority of
> > > a membership committee?
> >
> > I was in Boston as well. And while I don't believe Jim's wording is 100%
> > accurate the intent was. It was Esther Dyson who made the statement, and I
> > if memory serves she stated something along the lines that she hoped to
> > invite those who had felt most disenfranchised by the process on to the
> > Membership AC.
>
> I don't recall the exact wording and I don't believe that the wording
> was the same in the two meetings, the open one and the smaller meeting
> that followed with the ICANN board.  But what she said was clear
> enough and what actually happened bore no resemblence to what was
> promised.
>
> --
> Jim Dixon                                                 Managing Director
> VBCnet GB Ltd                http://www.vbc.net        tel +44 117 929 1316
> Member of Council                               Telecommunications Director
> Internet Services Providers Association                       EuroISPA EEIG
> http://www.ispa.org.uk                              http://www.euroispa.org
> tel +44 171 976 0679                                    tel +32 2 503 22 65

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature