Martin and all,

Martin B. Schwimmer wrote:

> Mr. Sondow wrote:
> >
> >If this process were really being done in a fair way, the INTA would have
> >sent you their proposal. Instead, they insert themselves by extra-procedural
> >means onto the drafting team of the DNSO.org and present their bylaws
> >proposals to a few people in the DNSO.org instead of at a meeting attended
> >by a large number of participants, in order to explout and usurp the name of
> >the DNSO.org for themselves.
>
> First off, I was invited to join the dnso drafting team at Monterrey and
> begged off because of work commitments in December, so INTA did not need to
> inert itself "by extra-procedural means."

  However the INTA seemed to have accomplished to insert itself in an
more prominent position with DNSO.ORG at any rate.

> Second, if INTA had merely submitted a proposal to ICANN, I believe that
> the proposal would have been criticized for not representing the views of a
> consensus of stakeholders, and you and others would have accused INTA of
> attempting to subvert the consensus process.  Instead, INTA has presented
> its proposal to the world, as have several other entities other than
> dnso.org (and just as ORSC, BWG, Ms. Hauben and of course, INEG) presented
> alternate ICANN proposals.

  Yes the INTA has subverted the consensus process by the DNSO.ORG
allowing the INTA a more prominent position in the process by posting the INTA's
proposal on the DNSO.ORG Web page and not any other proposals.
see: http://www.dnso.org/docs/dnso-draft-inta-bylaws.html.  So the FACTS seem
to belie your comments here Martin.

> Is there someone on the dnso or ifwp lists who does not have access to the
> INTA proposal and does not have these forums to present their opposing views?

  No.  However DNSO.ORG as I stated above has seen fit to allow for the
INTA to have "More equal status than others" for the INTA.

> In an enviroment where people on this list have referred to trademark
> interests as white slavers and I imagine INTA is under no illusions that it
> will "usurp" the dnso.org process.

  The INTA has already in stark contrast to this comment "usurped" the
a reasonable and equal consensus process as it has a more prominent
place on the DNSO.ORG web page, as I indicted above.

> After all, Ms. Dyson's article on the Grateful Dead model of intellectual
> property management proves that she will never sell out the Internet to
> trademark interests.

  If you really belie this Martin, I have an interest in a bridge in Brooklyn
Ny, I would like to interest you in.  >;)