Apologies for a completely non-substantive post, but I think it's
appropriate to clear up the apparent confusion about the contents of the
Berkman Center NNTP server.

Greg listed seven of the groups on our server.  There are three more: we
also host NNTP archives of the MAC list ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) as well as
open-rsc ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) and poised ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) -- see
IFWP.MAC-archive, IFWP.open-rsc-archive, and IFWP.Poised-Archive,
respectively.  All are accessible via anonymous NNTP to
cyber.law.harvard.edu.

The majority of our NNTP groups are simply read-only mirrors of the IFWP
list; therefore have no original content whatsoever.  Therefore, those of
you who for some reason can't connect to our NNTP server should simply
subscribe to the groups via email as usual.

(I must note the special cases of IFWP.Powers and IFWP.Structure: These two
groups were created after the Geneva meeting this summer but do not contain
any content; although we created these groups for public discussion of the
corresponding issues, expecting original discussion in these forums, they
have never been used.  Therefore, it is completely accurate to say that all
content available on our NNTP server is also accessible through standard
listserv subscriptions.)

Regarding the newsgroup names, I decide on newsgroup names when I create the
NNTP mirror of each public listserv, and the groups are internal to our news
server rather than propagated to the entirety of Usenet.  Given Dejanews's
policy of indexing only standard Usenet, not private servers, it's not in
the slightest bit surprising that Dejanews doesn't have the groups.

Nonsubstantive questions about the NNTP server are welcome via email or, if
thought to be of general interest, on-list.

Ben Edelman
Berkman Center for Internet and Society
Harvard Law School

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...