At 11:18 PM 4/8/99 -0400, you wrote:
>At 01:25 PM 4/8/99 +0100, Siegfried Langenbach wrote:
>>
>>Explanation for 1.):
>>as Karen Rose from NTIA knows from former emails, I am asking NSI since Feb
>>1999 for investigation the delegation of specific domain-names.
>>- on behalf of our customer CSL submitted by email 2 requests within 1 sec
>>time.
>>- both requests where acknowledged by NSI´s mail-servers immediately.
>>- the 2. request was fulfilled within 5,5 hours
>>- the 1. request was delayed for 4 days, so an english company called
>"domains
>>for sale" could register that name 2 days after our request.
>
>Once again a domain registration is "delayed" and someone else grabs it.
>The laws of probability are getting pretty strained!
>
>Are those helicopters I hear in the distance? :)

So hit the FTC and the FBI.  If the latter can ferret out a Melissa spammer
they should be able to do a thing like this. Like most every other gripe I
keep seeing on these pages, there are routes by which the problems
can be resolved, but are rarely taken. You have at least started in the
right direction.

And does anyone want to fill us in on these "intelligence connections"
remarks I've seen about NSI? Curious people want to know.

Bill Lovell