> At 12:24 AM 5/24/99 -0400, Marsh, Miles (Gene) wrote:
> >The Internet is, in large measure, the result of the forward thinking,
> >creative people who have been commenting on the issues.  Hear their
>
> What an odd thing to say.
>
> In fact very, very few of the people participating in any of these public
> discussions have had anything to do with the creation of the Internet, or
> with any substantial aspect of its current operation or development.

Certainly neither you or me.  ;-)

(To the onlookers, David Crocker and I, first met back in the mid 1970's,
we were both working on various aspects of the ARPAnet - I was doing
secure net design -- probably the first VPN.  I guess we're both 25+ year
veterans of the net.)

Dave Crocker deserves a great deal of credit for the electronic mail
systems that we use today.

I continue to have a hand in the net, having done three Internet related
start-ups, and (via an acquisition) am now doing advanced design and
implementation of products for the transmission of better-than-broadcast
quality audio/video over the net at Cisco Systems.

So there are a few of us, purportedly experienced, grey-beards out here.
;-)

Whether that makes us, and particularly, me any more "forward thinking" or
"creative" than newcomers is something that might be debated.

                --karl--