Karl and all,

  Well said Karl, and to a great degree I agree.  I would add that however,
as we ARE really talking about governance, we collectively must
decide as stakeholders determing what FORM of government we must have.
This is something that the ICANN Interim Board seems to believe that it
should decide for us as stakeholders.  I completely disagree with that
sort of concept.  But it is plainly evident that the members of the
ICANN Interim Board and the GIP group (www.gip.org) plainly are following.

  Therefore it is my belief that for this reason we are having so much
disagreement and heated debate, rather than collectively working
to come up with policies or policy proposals that the stakeholders
can than determine collectively by vote they feel are good, right,
just and fair.  As Lincoln said, "A divided house cannot stand".
He was right.  So it is with where we are now.