Esther and all,

Esther Dyson wrote:

> Gordon,
>
> One does not have to be 100 percent in agreement with everything in order to
> stay involved in something.  I think I can do more for the little guy (and
> the Net in general) from inside ICANN than from outside. If that changed, I
> would resign.  (Yes, I have in another case resigned from a board where I
> disagreed fundamentally with a decision it made.) I will not resign in a
> snit every time I do not get my way.  I make trade-offs, as we all (most of
> us) do.

  When a peach is rotten it rots from the inside out, not the outside in.
The same is usually true with corporations and organizations.  Most problems
START at the top or at the "CORE" (No pun intended).  This is what
most of us, as well a Gordon are seeing in respect to ICANN.  If the
PROCESS is bad, than the fruit will rot, and it will do so, like the
peach, from the inside out.  If you have a rotting Peach in the basket,
it will soon spoil the other peaches in that basket.  Than you have to throw
the whole basket out.  If you remove the rotten peach early enough you
can save the basket.  For ICANN it may be that saving the basket
is past....