Jay, Antony and all,

          PASS THE BARF BAG INDEED

  I must agree with Jay here.  To denigrate anyone for their association
with NSI is disgusting and unnecessary as well.  The "Get NSI" attitude
is by in large, is not called for or productive.  This is where I have the
strongest degree of disagreement with the ICANN (initial?) Interim
Board.  Their tactics in this vain are way out of line!

Jay Fenello wrote:

Hi Antony,

For the most part, we agree.

There are, however, a couple of points
I would like to comment on.

Since you have addressed this email to me,
you seem to be implying that I am no longer
an independent voice.  Nothing could be further
from the truth.

Even when I was consulting for NSI (which ended
with the Berlin meeting), I was not paid to be a
"NSI Supporter."  My role was to give NSI my views
on this fiasco, not the other way around!

And while we agree that NSI has done some things
wrong, I don't persecute them for any original sin
(i.e. wild success with a competitive .com registry).

Where we strongly disagree, however, is with the
cure.  The real solution to this dilemma is a healthy
dose of competition for NSI, not top-heavy regulation.
For if you choose the latter, you subject everyone to
those powerful forces who would love to control this
wonderful thing we call the Internet.

Respectfully,

Jay Fenello
President, Iperdome, Inc.    404-943-0524
What's your .per(sm)?   http://www.iperdome.com

P.S.  Please forward this to the DNSO list.  I
believe that I have been involuntarily removed!

Contact Number:  972-447-1894