Someone wrote:

>>SO HOW COULD SOMEONE REGISTER TITS.COM AT REGISTER.COM WHEN THEY BLOCK
>>REGISTRATION *REQUESTS* FOR SUCH DOMAINS!??
>>
>>Just to be sure that the TITS.COM and similar are still blocked, I tried
>>registering various profane domains at both NSI webpage and via NSI
>>registration template and couldn't. So my question is how could someone
>>register TITS.COM??

The answer is simple.  NSI, the registrar, has a different policy as
regards "offensive" words (although I'm not certain this word fits that
description) than does register.com.  NSI officials confirmed to me late in
April that this might occur in the Shared Registry System.

I presume that words protected by federal statute (e.g., NASA, Olympic,
Citius, Red Cross, etc.) will remain unavailable through any testbed or
accredited registrars.

Ellen Rony                                                       Co-author
The Domain Name Handbook         ____        http://www.domainhandbook.com
ISBN 0879305150              (oo) -^--                   +1 (415) 435-5010
[EMAIL PROTECTED]            W   W                         Tiburon, CA
               Dot com is the Pig Latin of the Information Age.