FWIW, I agree with Karl that an individual domain holders' constituency is
needed - I just no longer believe that the IDNO effort as currently
structured is the appropriate vehicle for their representation.  The
practical effect of Kent's proposal would be to give those who qualify for
an existing constituency two or more votes for the Names Council and
everyone else one.  It does not take into account that individual domain
holders are generally the DNS stakeholders who have the fewest resources to
defend themselves, and consequently the most to lose.  Their interests need
specific representation.

For the record, I consider myself an agnostic on the constituency question.
An at-large membership (or one limited to domain holders, which would be
more appropriate for the DNSO) would not be immune to capture.  Depending on
how they are structured, constituencies can either prevent capture or
institutionalize it.  Unfortunately, the present DNSO appears closer to the
latter case.  This is another reason an IDH constituency is needed - it
would be a step toward restoring balance.