At 09:47 PM 6/22/99 -0700, you wrote:
>The problem, for business is the question of what defines prior
>commercial use. One would think that incorporation would qualify, but
>that isn't at all clear in the text. Besides, many Internet start-ups
>have a different incorporation name than the product that they are
>trying to market. One would also hope that a pending trademark
>registration would do the job. However, the way I read it, there is not
>much room for personally owned domain names.

"Commercial use" is well defined in the case law and Lanham Act.
However, before everyone gets too exercised about that bill, remember
it is just a bill, not law.  Whether it will ever become law, in either its
present or another form, remains to be seen. In short, don't make the
mistake of the spammers who jumped on that one bill and started
prefacing all their spam with references to it as though it were already
the law.

Bill Lovell