Hi Patrick Greenwell, you wrote on 7/3/99 12:21:45 PM:

>On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, Craig McTaggart wrote:
>
> I've held back on all of the other ridiculous claims in this thread but
>this
> is the one that always gets me going.
>
> Some clarifications about private property and identifiers.
>
> You do not own your domain name.
>
>There is now case law on the books that says otherwise.
>
>You are quite simply wrong.

My (admittedly limited) understanding of existing case law is that you do
not own a domain name, but essentially own license to it.  This is far
different than owning the domain name itself.

Also, I have seen very little that is "simple" about the entire issue.
Case law is rarely that black and white, but is more subjective.

Gene...

I'm very happy @.HOME(sm)
Gene Marsh
president, anycastNET Incorporated