On Wed, 07 Jul 1999 18:32:52 -0400, Michael Sondow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Gordon Cook wrote:
>>
>> Brian writes:
>>
>> >I am pleased to announce that after meeting with Esther Dyson,
>> >Michael Roberts, and other members of the ICANN Initial Board of
>> >Directors, I have decided to accept their offer of the position of
>> >Director, Government Affairs and Policy.
>> >
>> >I hope to use my vast expertise in the arena of Internet
>> >Communications Affairs and Policy, as well as my wealth of
>> >experience with various international government agencies, to allow
>> >ICANN and the United States Government the freedom to move the
>> >Internet into the 21st century.
>> >
>> >I firmly believe in an "open door" policy.  Please feel free to
>> >email me with any questions or concerns you may have.  I will answer
>> >as many as my rather busy schedule permits.
>
>I have three questions for you, Mr. Hollingsworth:
>
>1) Do you realize that you are accepting a position that is in
>contradiction with the exigencies of the U.S. Government's White
>Paper and in violation of ICANN's bylaws, which state that all
>directors shall be elected by the membership?
>
>2) Do you realize that, in so doing, you become an accessory to the
>conspiracy to defraud the Internet community and the consumers of
>Internet services that is being perpetrated by the unelected ICANN
>interim (not initial!) board, ISOC, and CORE?
>
>3) Is your vaunted policy of the "open door" for letting others in,
>or for sneaking out, yourself, if charges are brought against you?

You've been had by Jeff Williams, or someone playing games with him.

--
William X. Walsh
General Manager, DSo Internet Services

"The fact is that domain names are new and have unique
characteristics, and their status under the law is not yet clear."
--Kent Crispin (June 29th, 1999)