On Sun, 11 Jul 1999 22:45:49 -0400, Gene Marsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Bill,
>
>Your reactionary tone must mean I have hit a nerve.

No, thats his normal tone of late.

>Are you seriously stating the position that you feel this letter IS the
>view of the Internet community?  I merely state the truth, then offer
>groups on all sides of the issue.

I believe his jumped to the conclusion that your comments meant that
the real consensus position was the opposite.  You made no such
statement, because you know that not to be 100% true.  The position of
the Internet Community is a mixture of many different views, and the
position in that letter is just one of them.

The sad part is that the positions of other sides, besides the CORE
approach, allow for different opinions and different models to coexist
peacefully.   The CORE position is that their model is the ONLY one.

>Would you prefer a more narrow approach, Bill?

No comment.

--
William X. Walsh
General Manager, DSo Internet Services

"The fact is that domain names are new and have unique
characteristics, and their status under the law is not yet clear."
--Kent Crispin (June 29th, 1999)