At 01:50 PM 7/13/99 -0400, you wrote:

>Yes, the WTO is based in Geneva, but surely it's beyond reproach?

This was weeks ago, and I had a computer virus in the meantime, so
I certainly stand ready to be corrected, but was it not the WTO that had
a good chunk of its top leadership caught with their hands in the cookie
jar? Or had some corruption of some kind? (And no, I'm not confusing
that with that other nest of corruption, the International Olympic Committee
members who, it seems, have been "selling" Olympic siting decisions.)

None of which has anything to do with your fairly perceptive analysis,
but I'm just trying to get the record straight.