> > I still believe that dishonesty of the voters is not the central problem
> > and that web based voting can easily be audited after an election in case
> > the results are challenged.
>
> The Committee disagreed.  99% of the voters may be honest, but the remaining 1%
> can do so much damage.

Two points

 - Such voters can do damage only when the race is so close that 1%
   differences matter.

 - The greater damage may be caused by allowing the fear to enable the
   alternative, no elections at all and the establishment of a permanent
   non democratic system.

Perfection is simply not part of our world.

The IDNO is still the only element near or within ICANN that has a working
voting system.

And ICANN has not indicated when, if ever, the IDNO will be recognized to
become a single tiny minority against the already recognized, highly
commercially biased set of DNSO constituencies.

I would submit that the later prejudical structure of the DNSO is a form
of built-in electorial dishonesty that is more real and more damaging than
any imagined electorial fraud in the IDNO or the that seemingly remote
possibility that we call the ICANN General Membership.

                --karl--