I think Jay's concern - and mine also, is this. There
are currently 248 companies selling domains under
top level domanis they manage that are currently in
the legacy root servers.

Then, on the other hand, we have maybe a few dozen
companies that also want to manage a top level domain
domain and sell domain names under it. One of these
companies is CORE. They want to sell 7 new domain
names, 5 of which are not in dispute.

But this one company, CORE dominaites the ICANN
and DNSO processes.

Put the shoe on the other foot. Say NSI and CORE's
roles were swapped and nobody was making any fuss
over this.

I think that's Jay's, and mine, concern.

--
Richard Sexton  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | http://dns.vrx.net/tech/rootzone
http://killifish.vrx.net    http://www.mbz.org    http://lists.aquaria.net