Exactly. But there is nothing other than those vicarious personal
conceptualizations, even if most of them are provably wrong given enough
time and resources. Given the available level of those factors, what
pragmatic solutions would one find? Greg Skinner's acceptance of differences
as a fact of life? Jay's FCC analogy? Jim's technological teleology?
Richard's cultural community, bounded by history and common vision? Gordon's
techo-marketplace? Tony's misguided mandarins?

It isn't possible to reduce the facts of what they are all talking about
without generalization of some form or another,

"A.M. Rutkowski" wrote:

I just had an interchange with Jon Weinberg on this

> as he made similar errors in his Congressional
> testimony.  Since he was one of the more knowledgeable
> behind the scenes players on loan to the US Gov,
> it drives home the point that most if not all of
> the government/institutional players going after
> the "DNS meat" have essentially no understanding
> about what they are dealing with.
>
> As a result, many of the things now occurring are
> simply based on vicarious personal conceptualizations
> like the telephone system or political or personal
> reactions.
>
> --tony

Josmarian SA [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
UK tel/fax: 0044.1273.474894 CH tel/fax: 0041.22.363.8800/1 FR tel/fax:
0033.450.20.94.92
"Reality is an agreement between partners, preferably consensual, usually
painful."
Koskas Josmarian: unpublished letter,  1932