I hope very much that the practice in Berlin of "editing" and
"summarizing" comments will be kept to a minimum, at least in the case of
comments of less than a page.  I submitted a short comment, only to have
it reduced to two sentences, losing one of my two points.  And that was
the only e-mailed comment read out that entire day....

Otherwise, how about having people in person also submit their comments in
writing on index cards and having them go into the same pot as the
e-mailed ones?

[...]

--
A. Michael Froomkin   |    Professor of Law    |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 -->   It's hot and humid here.   <--