> But the question in my mind remains: What do you do when there are too many
> acceptable, on-topic, concise remote comments?  How to choose?

One possibility is to time-shift part of the discussion. Take live the
seven or eight comments on a topic that real time will allow (2/3
selected by moderator's discretion and 1/3 at random), but have the
Board distribute responsibility among its members for reviewing the
remainder and posting responses (within one week?) on the ICANN web
site. (It would be easy work for the plane trip home. :-)

    -- Bret